"Poems are forever floating through my mind and if I don't catch them pin them to the page they are gone forever and what good is that?"
~ My journal (age 14)

Friday, February 25, 2011

Lost Boys

The snow blankets
the oscillating twinkle lights
strewn across the hedge
making it look like a wild
fairy party is going on
behind the glistening white curtain
and I imagine thimbles of champagne
and wee people dancing on the ceiling
as their wings flutter in time
with the banshee band

I am mesmerized by the magic
until an old school bus drives by
that has been painted a bold cobalt blue
and stenciled with the words
Barry County Corrections
across the side
beneath the shadowed faces pressed
against cold window panes

I wonder if they notice
the twittering Tinks
beneath the snowy bush
waving to their lost boys

2 comments: