"Poems are forever floating through my mind and if I don't catch them pin them to the page they are gone forever and what good is that?"
~ My journal (age 14)

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Approachable Divinity

Amazing how the soft reflection
of colors on the waxed wood floor
from the bright blazing strand
of LED lights encircling the spruce
creates a universe beneath my feet
tiny worlds warmer than their source

I admire the beauty not as a facsimile
but for its own unique wonder
like orange orbs of street lamps cast
across the black waters of the Saugatuck
or the sweet silvery moon above
all the more lovely because it is not sun
and I may gaze on it as long as I like

In the same way I rejoice
to look upon your face
faithfully refracting the light of love
tempering that blinding source of all life
into a flash of approachable divinity

No comments:

Post a Comment