"Poems are forever floating through my mind and if I don't catch them pin them to the page they are gone forever and what good is that?"
~ My journal (age 14)

Monday, August 6, 2012

Drink up the honey and dance

The bee knocks at the window
and waves his antenna
knock and wave, knock and wave
turn upside-down and wiggle

Hey you in your ergonomic chair
can't you see the radiant rays of sun
dripping like honey over the earth

Why do you separate yourself
behind a pale wall of glass

Your wings may have shriveled long ago
but you still have a butt to shake
Like this: knock wave turn wiggle
Come dance with me, go ahead and try
that's what two legs are for

Oh -- did you think they evolved
to hang limp and useless
over stain-resistant moisture-wicking seat fabric

How long before your toes and calves
go the way of your wings and tail
before evolution turns to entropy

You can halt the march
just follow my lead
drink up the honey and dance!