"Poems are forever floating through my mind and if I don't catch them pin them to the page they are gone forever and what good is that?"
~ My journal (age 14)

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Negligence

The movers say they've got it all
packed in boxes and ready to go
But on my final walkthrough
I'm shocked to discover
that they've left everything behind

The first kiss on the second step
The water stain on the ceiling
that looks like Mick Jagger's lips
The angel trumpet that we replanted
and brought back to life

It's actually blooming now

Then there's that patch of marble
that I was lying on when I learned
about the importance of a good neighbor
And I don't know how they missed
the scratches on the hardwood floor
from umpteen games of fetch
or the steam hearts on the shower glass

I mean how could they possibly overlook
all the Jason Mraz songs in the kitchen
and the sunset view from the balcony
If you ask me, it's blatant negligence
and somebody is going to hear about it

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. There's something to this. This is big. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible. The indelible memories aren't left behind.

    Aunt Charlotte

    ReplyDelete